Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Final Blog Post / Presentation

My relationship with technology is very extent and plays a huge role in my life. Beginning with my family, I have three older sisters, nieces and nephews, and of course my parents and grandparents, and we all live in different parts of the country. With that being said, I heavily rely on technology to keep in contact with them. I probably call my sisters and or parents 2 times a week minimum and without the technology to do that, I think I would have a big struggle with living away from them. 






In terms of my digital footprint, I did some research on myself and found that when I looked up my own name, there was a lot of information about me that someone else put out. When I looked up my name my instagram account, Twitter and TikTok account came up but what I found most of was about my athletic career. Since I've been playing Volleyball since I was 10 most of what I found was pictures and interviews of me that were posted and I had no idea. There were also volleyball blog pages that have covered me and my career and I had no clue that people were covering my life, where I live, who I've played for etc. and putting it on the internet. 



After watching the video clips covering how technology effects society, I personally think the dark side video covering technology is more accurate. I believe that technology has created a huge sense of FOMO in many people, especially teenagers or young adults. I believe that a lot of activity online has become toxic and created a huge disconnection between human interaction and the world around us. Being young myself, I witness so many people miss out on people around them, lacking real in-person connection with people, because we are consumed with social media and internet. With that being said there are some important positive things that come from such technology being so accessible but overall I think technology is forming bad and dangerous habits in our society. 




No comments:

Post a Comment